The scheduled safaris run every Mon-Fri (5 day/4 night) and every Friday-Mon (4 day/3 night). We operate throughout the year and all departures are guaranteed but bookings need to be made well in advance. Because of the nature of our bespoke safaris, we don’t have an on-line booking system or availability calendar. Please contact email@example.com to make an enquiry.
Where do we operate?
Tsakane Safari Camp and Indawo Trails camp are based in the Greater Kruger bushveld, and transfers to and from Johannesburg can be arranged at a very affordable rate.
Your safari starts upon arrival in Hoedspruit which is on the edge of the Greater Kruger National Park from where we transport you to one of our exclusive unfenced camps where you will stay during your safari. There are no fences between the Kruger National Park and the Reserves, hence the name Greater Kruger National Park. The big advantage of these exclusive wilderness areas is the privacy and the free-flow of game throughout the area – no sharing of sightings or the camp with other tourists.
- Winter (May to September) Nights cool – Ave 10oC; Days warm – Ave 20oC
- Summer (October to April) Nights warm – Ave 20oC; Days hot – Ave 35oC
- Rainfall – Summer
Camps and camp environments
- Tsakane Safari Camp
Situated in the Northern Balule Private Nature Reserve and Central Greater Kruger Conservancy in woodland savannah. This camp is unfenced with electricity and comprises four en-suite accommodation units under thatch, lounge, bar, dinning lapa, open-air dinner boma, jacuzzi, splash pool and beautifully maintained indigenous garden.
- Indawo Trails Camp
Situated in the Southern Balule Private Nature Reserve and Central Greater Kruger Conservancy in undulating woodland savannah. Indawo is unfenced and purpose built to enhance the safari experience and to integrate with the natural surrounding environment. The camp does not have electricity and accommodation is provided in four safari tents and facilities include a tented lounge, open-air dinner boma, splash pool and lounge deck with sweeping views across the reserve.
- Mutale Falls Camp
Situated in the far northern Greater Kruger Conservancy and Limpopo River Valley with rocky outcrops. This camp comprises en-suite safari tents, each perched on a cliff face overlooking the Mutale River, open-air boma and viewing deck under thatch. WEBSITE
- Pungwe Camp
Situated in the Manyaleti Reserve and Central Greater Kruger Conservancy on grassland savannah. The camp comprises luxury en-suite safari tents, open-air boma, bar and lounge under thatch. WEBSITE
- TSA Conservation Centre
Situated at Tsakane Safari Camp, the facility includes off-suite safari tents, dinner lapa, lecture lapa and laboratory.
Tsakane is not in contact with any other safari establishments. We shall therefore not manipulate game sightings in any way and we drive only on established roads.
The Tsakane Safari Experience
We offer unique purpose built camps each within their unique environments and believe in providing a holistic safari experience where our accommodation units are comfortable and fully serviced, most meals are uniquely prepared on an open fire in conversation with our guests, our hospitality is friendly and our safari activities are educational, adventurous and interesting.
Essential to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes /boots
- Wide-brimmed hat & sunglasses
- Neutral coloured clothing
- Waterproof jacker & warm jacket
- The General Kruger is a malaria-risk area. Please bring insect (mosquito & other) repellent & take any other precautions you feel are necessary.
- Binoculars & torch
- Camera & batteries/charger
- Cash for Entrance Fees/Conservation Fees, drinks, gratuities etc. (There are no ATM’s in the bush!)
• Affordable and unique walking safaris in the exclusive Greater Kruger National Park
• Scheduled guaranteed departures every Mon (5 day) and Fri (4 day). Transfers to and from OR Tambo / Pretoria can be easily included Mondays and Fridays. Each safari (Mon and Fri) departs from the meeting point in Hoedspruit around 12pm, returning on the last day of your trip at around 11am.
• Maximum 8 people per trail, minimum 2. Maximum 8 people per camp
• Minimum age 16
• Includes accommodation – bedding and towels provided
• Includes two walk/drive combinations each day
• Includes all meals
• Excludes all beverages (alcoholic and not)